Does this describe you?
- Concerned about your aging parents?
- Confused on how to find the best care?
- Afraid of the cost?
You are not alone! Finding care for an aging loved one can be overwhelming. ElderCareGiving can help!
I will give you the tools to make informed decisions.
Learning all about senior care can be a full time job!
I understand senior care and I’m here to help you navigate the maze of choices.
My goal is to insure your loved ones gets the best care available and in a location that will make both of you comfortable.
Here is my background
For seven years I was the primary caregiver for my parents in their final years. My mom was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in her late 70’s. I cared for her through the early, middle and late stages of the disease. I supported my father his grief at watching his wife decline, and assisted him through his own battle with depression and the beginning stages of Parkinson’s disease, I finally helped him die with dignity in his own home with hospice care.
- Worked for the foremost advocacy organization for the elderly in New York City.
- Appointed as marketing manager for a certified home health agency.
- Board member on the East Side Council on the Aging (ESCOTA), a 40 year old professional association that works with older adults and their families on the Upper East Side of Manhattan and beyond.
- Received an MBA from Long Island University and a Geriatric Scholar Certificate from the Consortium of New York Geriatric Education Centers.
- Write a monthly column for the ElderCare section for the Community Newspaper Group.
- Author of “Almost like Home, A Family’s Guide to Navigating the Nursing Home Maze” is now available! Click here to read review by Jane Brody of the New York Times.