- 5 years
- 1 state, New York. New York offers one of those most generous programs towards seniors.
- What care options offer payment through Medicaid
- Home care — yes, Nursing homes– yes, Assisted livings –no
- Home health aides cannot administer medication
- 100 days: 100% for 20 days, 80% for 80 days
- Each state has a Department of Health Department where you can file an official complaint against a nursing home.
- A nursing home offers 24 hr. skilled care, a senior residence offers different levels of partial care, depending on its license. Most senior residences do not accept Medicaid.
- 3 days
- CDPAP—Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, a Medicaid home care program.
- An option for Aging in Place: Naturally Occurring Retirement Community. A NORC can be an apartment building, a series of apartment buildings or a neighborhood of single family homes. These developments originally considered of young families who “aged in place” and are now 55 years of age or older.
How did you do?
Senior care options are constantly changing. If you want to insure a loved one gets the best care, It is crucial to keep on top of new developments and know how to demand your rights.
Contact me at 917-923-5141 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a free 15 minute consultation!