Aging in Uncertain Times: How to Plan for Future Care. New regulations are changing the face of eldercare. The government is turning over more and more care to private companies. Will that make eldercare more or less efficient? Find out the pros and cons of these changes.
Evaluating dementia-care programs: New Developments in Memory Units. Almost all facilities offer “dementia care,” but not all dementia care is the same. Is your loved one still physically active? Need mental stimulation? Learn what to look for and which questions to ask!
Home care, residential care, or skilled care: Which kind is right for your loved one? So many choices! How do you decide which one is right for your elderly loved one? This presentation will explore the pros and cons of each.
Patient advocacy 101: How to get great care for your loved one in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Not sure of your rights? Don’t know whom to ask? Come and find out how to ensure your loved one gets the TLC she or he deserves.
Getting paid for taking care of a loved one? Yes, it’s possible! Wouldn’t it be nice to get paid for family care giving? It’s not just a fantasy. Find out about programs that could help your loved one without flattening your pocketbook.
Navigating the Eldercare Maze: Tips on Making the Right Choice! Learn what factors to consider when making a choice for your loved one’s care. Know what questions to ask, what to look for when evaluating alternatives.
Emergency Preparedness: What Seniors Should Know to Weather the Storm. What you should know, who you should contact, how to prepare in case of an emergency.
- State Senator Liz Krueger’s Senior Roundtables
- Manhattan Community Board 6, New York University Langone Medical Center
- Transition Network, Caring Collaboration, New York City Chapter
- United Nations Retirees
- DOROT’s Programs for Caregivers
- Mount Sinai Medical Center’s Caregiver And Professionals Partnerships (CAPP) Program
- Health & Wellness Outreach Ministry of The Unity Center in New York City
- New York Public Library Caregiver Expo
- Community Centers in Brooklyn, Bronx & Manhattan